HomeMixed Media ArtCrafts ProjectsTips, Tricks, TutorialsScrapbooking & Project LifeCooking, Baking, RecipesHome & DIY

 

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Our Favorite Guacamole

Ingredients:

4 ripe avocadoes

1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, deseeded and chopped (grape or regular variety) - I love to use the yellow ones

1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)

1 jalapeƱo pepper (seeds removed and finely chopped) - Optional - I omit this one as the kids like to eat “whackamole” too, but not if it’s too “hot”!

2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro

2 cloves of garlic (minced) - I omit this too when we’re all eating it, as my husband is allergic. I replace it with 1/8 tsp onion powder. It rounds out the flavor a bit!

1/4 tsp ground cumin (slightly heaping)

1/4 tsp Chipotle chili powder

Juice of 1 grilled lemon (sliced in half, placed cut sides down in a hot dry skillet, until the underside turns dark brown, but not burnt)

1/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt (or to taste)

Freshly ground pepper to taste

 

 

Preparation:

Cube the avocados and place in a bowl.  Pour the grilled lemon juice over the avocados and mash all of it roughly with a potato masher (or a fork.)

Add all the other ingredients to the bowl.

Mix well, so everything is nicely incorporated, then taste and adjust seasoning.

Once you’re satisfied, add the avocado stones back into the bowl (it stops it from browning too fast) cover and let the guacamole sit for a while so all the flavors can marry.

Refrigerate left-overs.

Enjoy!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the charred lemon in this Birgit, thank you!! Sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate that you are taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
If you ask a question in the comment section, please remember to check back as I will answer it in the comments section! Or you can email me if you prefer!
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Birgit Kerr