HomeMixed Media ArtCrafts ProjectsTips, Tricks, TutorialsScrapbooking & Project LifeCooking, Baking, RecipesHome & DIY

 

Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Big 20/20 Event: Day 6: Make Your Own Chicken Pad Thai

Welcome back to “The Big 20/20 Event” - I am so glad you’re joining us! We will be sharing 20 fantastic tutorials from a host of awesome contributors, for 20 days.
If you enjoy the tutorials, make sure you sign up for my newsletter, as all my newsletter subscribers will receive a beautiful PDF eBook at the end of the event, showcasing all 20 tutorial projects to keep and peruse at their leisure!
Here we go with our Day 6 tutorial.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Make Your Own Chicken Pad Thai

 

 
Hi! My name is Jacquie and I blog over at Confessions Of A College Angel. I am so happy to be a part of The Big 20/20 event!!
 
My how to is really yummy, How to make Chicken Pad Thai--- now this isn’t COMPLETELY the traditional version of Pad Thai, although I do LOVE that kind as well, this was made for a super picky eater, my fiancée Kensei and his even more picky of an eater Dad. I really hope you like this and give it a try!
 
What you will need:
  • Pad Thai Noodles, (I found mine in the organic/gluten free isle of my local Kroger)
  • 1 cup to 1 lb. of chopped chicken breast
  • (I also added 4 gluten free all chicken organic chicken and pineapple sausages)
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 a white onion or 3-5 green onions
  • 1 egg per person eating
  • carrots, bean sprouts, corn, broccoli any veggie you know that you  and your family will eat. (we used shredded carrots, bean sprouts and fire roasted corn)
  • Roughly chopped peanuts (I put mine in a Ziploc bag and smacked them with a mason jar.)
For the sauce you will need--
  • The Juice of 1 lime
  • 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons fish sauce (from  Kroger’s Asian isle or your local Asian market)
  • 4 tablespoons white sugar (I used 2 white and 2 brown)
  • Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
So what do you do?
Start by cooking your rice noodles until they are almost done! I boiled some water, turned it off and let the noodles soak for 5 min)
 
 
Then Pour out the water and let the noodle's drain, you might want to run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
 
 
While the noodles are draining, start chopping and cooking your meat--- when you cook the meat add 1 tablespoon of peanut or veg oil to the pan.
 
 
While the meat is cooking mix the sauce and set aside.
Once the meat is all cooked remove from the pan, add 1 more tablespoon oil, scramble eggs and cook until fluffy and broken up.
 
 
Remove egg from pan, add 1 more tablespoon oil and cook garlic, onions and veggies until slightly softened, then add the meat, scrambled eggs and noodles to pan, before pouring sauce over everything and stir frying for 2-3 min. If it looks dry you can add water, or I used a little Orange Juice for extra bright flavor.
 
 

Now you can eat!! I plated everyone up a small bowl topped with crushed peanuts and 3 wedges of limes for squeezing on top ( I love the flavor of lime in this dish!) What is your favorite Asian food? do you have a make at home recipe? I would love to know! Also if you try this please leave me a comment and let me know what you liked about it!!

A little more about Jacquie:

What inspires me
a. I am inspired by the little things in life, a good day, a hug or kiss from someone I love things like that. I have found there is just to many negative things to not pay attention and be inspired by all the small things!
Where do I get my ideas from?
a. I tend to find something I like and want to recreate it at home. I have a lot of trial and error but somethings urn out better than what I had in mind to start.
What is my biggest dream for my future?
a. Currently getting married and starting a family.
 
Jacquie's Bio:
I am Jacquie and I blog over at Confessions Of A College Angel. My blog is all about life through my eyes as a full time college student with a full time job, who just recently moved to a new city transferred universities and lives with her boyfriend. I am a little bit of a dork, a geek and a nerd, I love photography, in fact, that is my major. I also love to read and cook. My blog is a little bit about everything! I hope you come and check it out!!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate that you are taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
If you ask a question in the comment section, please remember to check back as I will answer it in the comments section! Or you can email me if you prefer!
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Birgit Kerr