HomeMixed Media ArtCrafts ProjectsTips, Tricks, TutorialsScrapbooking & Project LifeCooking, Baking, RecipesHome & DIY

 

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

“Delicious Pinch” Spice Mix

Yes, I know it’s a good thing that my job isn’t naming products in new and innovative ways, but that’s what I ended up naming the spice mix below. Why? Because it really is delicious - a pinch (or a lot more) of it here and there! And since the season for spices is almost upon us - my pinches will increase no doubt!

Well, and because I have no imagination when it comes to naming things and that was the obvious choice!

This mix reminds me of my favorite spice mix from Germany, Delifrut.

It can be used in anything where you might usually use cinnamon, for that extra something! Try it with some fruit too! So good!

I wish we had  smell-a-blog,  the aroma of this is amazing! You must have this in your life, especially with fall just around the corner!

 

Delicious Pinch Spice Mix

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Cinnamon, ground
  • 1 tbsp. anise seeds
  • 1 tsp Coriander, ground
  • 1/2 tsp Cardamom, ground
  • 1/2 tsp cloves, ground
  • 1 fresh vanilla pod, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (or 3-4 dried, empty Vanilla Bean Pods)
  • 1/2 tsp ginger, ground

As an optional addition for a citrus note (optional):

  • 2 tsp dried lemon zest
  • 2 tsp dried orange zest

 

Preparation:

Place half the cinnamon and everything else into a coffee grinder (make sure it’s a dedicated spice grinder! Otherwise your coffee will taste of spices and your spices will taste of coffee!) and grind until a fine powder results. Mix with the rest of the cinnamon until thoroughly combined! Keep in an airtight jar.

 

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate that you are taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
If you ask a question in the comment section, please remember to check back as I will answer it in the comments section! Or you can email me if you prefer!
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Birgit Kerr