HomeMixed Media ArtCrafts ProjectsTips, Tricks, TutorialsScrapbooking & Project LifeCooking, Baking, RecipesHome & DIY

 

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Art Journaling Page: Just Let It Go and a quick tip

A lot of this page has shimmer mists on them, as I love using them for the running ink effect. It does however  make for some odd light reflections and color distortions in places when photographed.

But you get the idea anyway!

 

 

Some shimmer detail before journaling:

 

 

I generally cover my desk with unprinted newspaper paper. I’m sure you’ve seen glimpses of it in some of my photos!

Not only do I love it as a work surface, but  it keeps the desk clean by catching all the overspray, splatters, spills and what not.  I use it as a quick paint pallet, I test stamps on it, rub excess paint or ink on it etc. And then when it’s time to change it, I have these cool random patterned papers that I later reuse in my art journaling!

And no ink or anything gets wasted!

Here are some examples:

 

 

 

 

 

I LOVE artful recycling!

I used them in the trees and the “ground” in the AJ page above and I used some in this AJ Page too for the “ground.”

 

PS: If any of you readers are FEFTers you may appreciate the “Just let it go! - Peace” reference! *grin*

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. you are amazing...love your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this page! I've been wanting to do a "just let it go" page for awhile now but I guess there are some things I'm just not ready to let go of yet. I know that I need to though. I think you're page is great and may just push me toward creating that space for something better by just letting go!

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate that you are taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
If you ask a question in the comment section, please remember to check back as I will answer it in the comments section! Or you can email me if you prefer!
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Birgit Kerr