Welcome back to “The Big 20/20 Event” - I am so glad you’re joining us! We will be sharing 20 fantastic tutorials from a host of awesome contributors, for 20 days.
If you enjoy the tutorials, make sure you sign up for my newsletter, as all my newsletter subscribers will receive a beautiful PDF eBook at the end of the event, showcasing all 20 tutorial projects to keep and peruse at their leisure!
Here we go with our Day 14 tutorial.
Making An Art Journal, Part 1
Part 1 - Making the Book Cover
- Paper with Patterns and images to cut
- Mod Podge
- Tissue paper....I actually used old paper from a torn up bible (don't hate me, I think using it versus tossing it is awesome!)
- Ink pad (I used Adirondack due to it does not smear)
- White Paint Pen
- Black Permanent Pens of different sizes. (I used Faber Castells)
- Aqua Markers
- Water color crayons (I used Neocolors)
- Embellishments (Mine was a little paper cut that had the words "This is your special Day")
- Texture ... You can use Molding Paste, Gesso, or I used Joint Compound from the hardware store.)
- Acrylic paint (I used Tim Holtz's Distress Paint Dabber)
- Stencil (I used a paper doily for cupcakes)
- Heat Gun (This is optional but helps with things go faster)
- Drawing Pad or Sketch Pad (I used Canson Watercolor Paper 140lb 9X12")