Welcome back to “The Big 20/20 Event” - I am so glad you’re joining us! We will be sharing 20 fantastic tutorials from a host of awesome contributors, for 20 days.
If you enjoy the tutorials, make sure you sign up for my newsletter, as all my newsletter subscribers will receive a beautiful PDF eBook at the end of the event, showcasing all 20 tutorial projects to keep and peruse at their leisure!
Here we go with our Day 6 tutorial.
Make Your Own Chicken Pad Thai
- Pad Thai Noodles, (I found mine in the organic/gluten free isle of my local Kroger)
- 1 cup to 1 lb. of chopped chicken breast
- (I also added 4 gluten free all chicken organic chicken and pineapple sausages)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a white onion or 3-5 green onions
- 1 egg per person eating
- carrots, bean sprouts, corn, broccoli any veggie you know that you and your family will eat. (we used shredded carrots, bean sprouts and fire roasted corn)
- Roughly chopped peanuts (I put mine in a Ziploc bag and smacked them with a mason jar.)
- The Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (from Kroger’s Asian isle or your local Asian market)
- 4 tablespoons white sugar (I used 2 white and 2 brown)
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Now you can eat!! I plated everyone up a small bowl topped with crushed peanuts and 3 wedges of limes for squeezing on top ( I love the flavor of lime in this dish!) What is your favorite Asian food? do you have a make at home recipe? I would love to know! Also if you try this please leave me a comment and let me know what you liked about it!!
A little more about Jacquie: