These are my favorite crackers. When living low carb, cracker like things with a pleasant crunch that hold up to a dip are somewhat hard to come by.
Here is a quick and easy “cracker” that does all the above and it tastes so good too! My daughter requests these on almost a daily basis and I’m happy to oblige
All you need is Provolone cheese, some parchment paper and a microwave. And some kitchen towels for blotting!
- Place 2 slices of provolone cheese on a piece of parchment paper that is cut/torn so it fits nicely on your microwave turn table. You want to place the slices on top of each other!
- Now microwave on high for about 1.5 - 2 minutes. Your cracker should be more of a bubbly light brown than a yellow white at this point.
- Remove the cheese by pulling on the parchment paper, and dab the excess oil from the cracker. I generally just lay a double layer of kitchen towel over the whole thing and press down. So far none of the cheese ever stuck to it.
- Peel off the cheese cracker and set aside for a minute or so. It will harden a lot.
- Then break it apart into more bite sized pieces and dip away! Or make a few more
They keep in an air tight tin for a few days too!
Not that they ever last that long around here! My girl can eat these like it’s her job
Yum! See all the crispy, bubbly goodness!? This cracker stands up to just about anything you might want to put on it, dip it in or throw at it! Ok, maybe not the throwing part!Pin It