This pizza sauce is from my (very) low sodium days. If you don’t watch your sodium as much, do feel free to add a little sea salt to taste.
It’s quite tasty one way or another
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 whole Clove Of Garlic - Finely Minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 teaspoons Vegit Low Sodium Seasoning Mix
- ½ teaspoons Mrs Dash Table Blend
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 1-½ teaspoon Splenda / Sugar substitute
- 8 ounces, weight No-salt Added Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 ounces, weight Tomato Paste (no Salt Added)
- 12 ounces, fluid Water
- 6 ounces, fluid diet Root Beer (I Use Hansen's Sugar Free No Sodium Root Beer)
Melt butter with olive oil in a large sauce pan. Add the onions and garlic and cook until onions are transparent.
Add everything else, bring to a boil and simmer on low for about 30 minutes. Remove the bay leaf if desired.
I usually like to run my pizza sauce through a blender before I use it, but that is optional too.
Can be canned or frozen for future use or keeps in the refrigerator for about 1 week.