HomeMixed Media ArtCrafts ProjectsTips, Tricks, TutorialsScrapbooking & Project LifeCooking, Baking, RecipesHome & DIY

 

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Homemade Bread

Today’s loaf is gluten-free. I wanted to experiment with a gluten free loaf that is rich in fiber but not gummy, or sawdust, for that matter! And I wanted a crispy crust!

 

 

It turned out pretty well, even though I do want to tweak the recipe further just a little bit!

I baked it in the Romertopf as a free-form loaf. The flavor was very good, and I even got a nice little oven spring out of it! Especially for a gluten free loaf, which is a bit of a beast when it comes to bread baking! Nice crust too, and the bread isn’t too dense either. Much like a 100% whole wheat loaf, really!

But I would like to work on the texture a little more. I think the dough could have stood being even wetter than it was to maybe get even more of a rise out of it, which would make it just a tad lighter!

Experiments will continue!

 

For now I’m enjoying a toasted slice with some homemade ghee slathered on it!

 

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate that you are taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
If you ask a question in the comment section, please remember to check back as I will answer it in the comments section! Or you can email me if you prefer!
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Birgit Kerr