HomeMixed Media ArtCrafts ProjectsTips, Tricks, TutorialsScrapbooking & Project LifeCooking, Baking, RecipesHome & DIY

 

Monday, March 17, 2014

The Big 20/20 Event: Day 17: Make Your Own Candle Votive Holder

Welcome back to “The Big 20/20 Event” - I am so glad you’re joining us! We will be sharing 20 fantastic tutorials from a host of awesome contributors, for 20 days.  If you missed the previous tutorials in the 20/20 series, just click on 20/20 icon over on the side bar and it will take you to all tutorials, without having to scroll through all my blog posts!
Or, you could just sign up for my newsletter, as all my newsletter subscribers will receive a beautiful PDF eBook at the end of the event, showcasing all 20 tutorial projects to keep and peruse at your leisure!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Make Your Own Candle Votive Holder

 
you will need
 
This post is brought to you by the lovely Sarah.
 
This is a really simple diy I did for my own home recently but in fact would make a wonderful simple handmade gift for family and friends too!
 
Here are all of the details.
 
You will need: votive holders, vintage/pretty papers, mod podge, foam brush, scissors.
 
sizing up your paper
 
1. Measure your papers against your votive holder. You might find you need to cut it into smaller sections in order to cover your votive holder more prettily.
 
mod podge
 
2. Once you're happy you know which pieces of paper you'd like to use, add a layer of mod podge to your votive holder.
 
hearts to dry
 
3. Press your paper(s) into place and give them a coat of mod podge on top.
 
hearts to dry
 
4. Leave to dry for at least an hour.
 
butterflies and flowers
 
For my second design I decided to use butterflies and flowers.
 
separate elements
 
I cut my papers down into individual elements first.
 
left to dry
 
And then mod podged them onto the glass. Leave to dry.
 
ta-da!
 
And voila - cute candle holders already ready to go!
 
ta-da!
 
Yay!
 
curiously sarah
 
Sarah Leonard is a curious soul, who lives a magical creative life with her kitties and her husband. She runs an Etsy store full to the brim with artistic curiousities, and writes regularly on her blog A Cat-Like Curiosity. She is also the founder of The Curiously Gorgeous Sisterhood, a gorgeous community full of light, life and inspiration.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate that you are taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
If you ask a question in the comment section, please remember to check back as I will answer it in the comments section! Or you can email me if you prefer!
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Birgit Kerr