HomeMixed Media ArtCrafts ProjectsTips, Tricks, TutorialsScrapbooking & Project LifeCooking, Baking, RecipesHome & DIY

 

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My latest little canvas

If you’re following me on Facebook or on Twitter, you’ll have already seen the little canvas I finished this weekend!

Here she is:

 

 

The words on the canvas say: “What is calling you"?” “What makes your soul sing?” “What makes you come alive?” {Follow the whispers!}

And the really amazing thing for me about these somewhat more uncontrolled background methods is, when things seemingly randomly connect up.

On this little canvas, I typed the words on some book pages I had lightly gesso-ed, but some of the words were still faintly visible. On the word strip where it says “Follow the Whispers,” the words that are still visible behind the typing are “to go,” “the smart” and “way or course”! How totally awesome is that?!

I so love it!

 

 

 

She didn’t make it into my Etsy store - she sold before I could list her! It fills my heart with such gratitude and excitement when my art sells to people! I mean, real life people, who hang my art in their homes or offices! Wow! This will take some getting used to, but I have a feeling that it will be one of those rather more delightful “getting used tos"!”

I have a whole series of these little canvases in mind however and I’m already working on the next one, so keep your eyes peeled if you’re interested in one of them!

 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Amazing piece...can totally understand why it sold so quickly!

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate that you are taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
If you ask a question in the comment section, please remember to check back as I will answer it in the comments section! Or you can email me if you prefer!
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Birgit Kerr